Community Listening Forum Toolkit: Make Your Voice Heard!
This step-by-step guide includes everything you need to host a succesful Community Listening Forum. Learn more...
Recovery Community Organization Toolkit: Building the Voice of the Organized Recovery Community
This guide includes steps on starting up a Recovery Community Organization. Learn more…
Recovery Community Organization Toolkit
The Recovery Community Organization Toolkit is a must read if you're interested in starting up a recovery community organization or want to think about the next steps for your group. Find out about the core strategies that grass roots organizations around the country have used to develop strong local and statewide groups. Learn the keys to a successful recovery community organization and use the many resources that are now available to you in one place. The Resources section of the Recovery Community Organization Toolkit is online below so that we can continue to add new resources for you to use as you build your organization. Please let us know how you were able to use the Toolkit!
If there are resources that you would like to suggest, please send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sample ByLaws
- Sample Mission and Vision Statements
- Advocates for Recovery (Denver, CO)
- Association of Persons Affected by Addiction (APAA) (Dallas, TX)
- Connecticut Community for Addiction Recovery (CCAR)
- Faces & Voices of Recovery SC (FAVOR SC)
- Friends of Recovery - New Hampshire
- Minnesota Recovery Connection (MRC)
- Massachusetts Organization for Addiction Recovery (MOAR)
- National Alliance on Medication-Assisted Recovery
- People Advocating Recovery (PAR)
- PRO-ACT (Pennsylvania Recovery Organization- Achieving Community Together)
- The RASE Project (Harrisburg, PA)
- Recovery Alliance of El Paso (El Paso, TX)
- USARA (Utah Support Advocates for Recovery Awareness
- Sample Policy and Procedures Manuals
- Lobbying by 501 (c)(3) organizations
- Faces & Voices of Recovery
- Resources for Non-profits
- Federal Government Resources
- Other National Resources
Addiction Recovery Management: Theory, Research and Practice. (2011). John F. Kelly and William L. White, Editors. New York: Springer Science.
Southern Nevada Recovery Resource Directory (2011) from the Foundation for Recovery is a great way to publicize recovery resources in a community.
Voices of Transformation: Developing Recovery-Based Statewide Consumer/Survivor Organizations. National Empowerment Center and the Recovery Consortium. (2006). Lawrence, MA: Author.
The Recovery Community Organization: Toward A Working Definition and Description. (2006). Phillip A. Valentine, William L. White and Pat Taylor.
The toolkit is available in pdf format here.